Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Broken Heart

Unbelievable that I am falling in love again,

My broken mind and heart have no strength to regain,

I am hurt and scarred beyond repair,

God only knows when this suffering will end


I thought those small things I did made u feel better

But according to you all they did was to make u embittered

Why those intimate times we had if you never wanted it right

Why to show me dreams when all u wanted to take a flight


You made my past scars n wounds disappear

Then you left me alone with my countless fears,

When all I did for you made you just sigh,

I already knew that the end is just nigh.



And it seems to me now that this is how it really goes

Why the hell this has to happen this way god only knows

I am hoping that there will be light shining some day,

But until that day I guess its best that I wither away



8 comments:

Pranav Gupta said...

I am summarizing you poem's meaning in one line.Correct me if I am wrong!!

Human fall in love and get betrayed. And as per humane nature he continues to love even after betrayel and again destiny brings him to square 1. And yet beleives that he will find a true love for him.

A Phoenix said...

U said one line...lolz
yes, but it is not just related to love...what sets a successful human apart is his ability to hope for good. a wise man knows that there is no way to go but up when u hit the bottom...a darkest night is just an eve to a beautiful and hopeful sunrise..and this general hope (some) humans implement in love too..and I neither blame them nor consider them to be wrong...

Love is also like friendship like finding a perfect melon..u have to try a few before getting the best one !! :)


Truly,
A Phoenix

A Phoenix said...

[PS: Many times is not betrayal..but as time passes you (or the other person realizes) that something is missing...as one of my very dear friend reminded me..love is not something that you can MAKE it happen..u have to LET it happen]

~Negative girl with Positive Attitude~ said...

I loved you poem. True it is. Touched my heart. amazing but true. One of my friend wrote four lines on same feeling too. She was experiencing her first love..but she wrote somewhat similar. I was amazed..am amazed now too. Feelings have no language..and at some point...many people think alike...

Anonymous said...

This poem is much better in the poetical sense than the ones you wrote before. :)

I wonder what love is? Is it sharing and caring? Is it sympathy and empathy? Is it 'someone' being there for 'you'? Is it boredom? Is it fun? Is it nonsense? Is it sense? or Is it when someone truly means the world to you, when you already have the world?

moi said...

Just one word, amazing!! And yes,love doesn't hurt but the betrayal does!!

A Phoenix said...

@Blackthunde:

Love perhaps is combination of all the good feelings,Caring and sharing alike,
Fighting yet coming back without regrets alike,
Trying to improve other half,
Trying to console comfort sympathize empathize alike..

It is almost union of all good gestures n feelings !!

A Phoenix

Samuel Ford said...

The poem suggests a person's moments of being in love & then being deprived of the same, that he/she is wary of experiencing of an ordeal in the event of a failed courtship either on a bitter note or time drift. Excellent poem to pen those thoughts! Waiting for prose too.